Main concept behind Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) based Security system is to allow the access only to autorized persons . RFid card has to be shown in front of the RFid reader, then the access is allowed or denied to the resptive person/RFid card.
Description in detail:
It mainly consist of following blocks:
1. RFID Reader: It reads the unique rfid number from the RFID cards or rfid tag and sends it to microcontroller
2. Microcontroller: This is the CPU (central processing unit) of our project. The various functions of microcontroller are like I. Reading the digital input from RFID reader II. Turn on the buzzer for invalid card. III. Turn on the motor or relay if the card is valid.
3. LCD: We have used 16×2 alphanumeric Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) It can display alphabets along with numbers on 2 lines each containing 16 characters.
4. Motor: For valid card a motor is turned on to indicate the door latch opening
Applications and Advantages:
1. This project can be used in home or office.
2. Same project can be implemented in industry or educational institutes.
1. We can send this data to a remote location using mobile or internet
2. We can add the module of voice alarm system to indicate valid or invalid card entry.